We pray that you and your family are safe and healthy. We are continuing with our plans for the Spring show. We will be taking the necessary precautions for our students as well as our staff.
Below you will find our list of steps for ensuring the proper distances and hygiene safety. Please adhere to these rules.
1. There will be a registered nurse present to assist with taking temperature for everyone entering the facility and to help assist with the proper safety procedures. All dancers will have to wash their hands upon arrival and all parents will have to sanitize upon entering the building.
2. We know that it is tuition time, but we are only allowing 3 people in the lobby at one time. This will ensure the proper distance and get you served at a much faster rate.
3. There will be no bags allowed in the studio. Please bring your dancer ready and dressed for dance. If your dancer comes with a mask, we will remind them to keep them on.
4. Please pick your dancer up on time, so that we will not have a group of kids waiting to be picked up. We will dismiss them as soon as their dance time is over, and they will be waiting outside.
5. Of course, there will be no food or drinks allowed in the studio. All water bottles must be personalized so as not to get confused with anyone else’s bottle. At this time, our water fountain will be cut off.
One Spirit Operations
Cleaning. We have been extensively cleaning, disinfecting, and wiping down surfaces in common areas, bathrooms, and classrooms.
Common areas. One Spirit may close or limit the number of guest allowed in the lobby during normal business hours.
Meetings and events. The CDC has recommended against any gatherings of 50 or more people through the middle of May. That’s why we are postponing community events and nonessential meetings. It’s also why we primarily communicating through text and other electronic forms of communication.,
Social distancing. Many experts also are urging people to practice “social distancing,” which is the idea of maintaining a roughly 6-foot distance between other people. It also means limiting nonessential travel, avoiding public transportation when possible, working from home, and skipping social gatherings.
Staffing. One Spirit Dance Academy may experience temporary staff shortages if employees get sick or need to remain at home. Also we will be limiting the number of volunteers as it pertains to costume dressers, parent volunteers, outside fundraisers etc.
If you get sick
Medical authorities are strongly urging all persons who exhibit symptoms to stay home and avoid public spaces unless you need medical care. You also should separate yourself from other people and pets in your home.
If you need to need to visit a doctor or get tested for COVID-19, develop a plan before you go:
Call ahead before visiting your doctor.
Wear a face mask if you are sick.
Cover your coughs and sneezes.
Clean your hands often.
Avoid sharing household items, such as utensils, plates, glasses, and towels.
Clean all “high-touch” surfaces, such as counters, tables, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, phones, tablets, keyboards, and remotes..
If appropriate, One Spirit Dance Academy may notify other guest that an individual in our community has contracted the virus.
One Spirit Dance Academy will not and does not make any of the decisions mentioned above lightly. These actions are being taken to protect the health and welfare of the students, teachers, staff, parents/grandparents and guest of our community. We pledge to keep everyone informed of all relevant developments and how they affect our operations.
It is also incumbent for everyone to take this situation seriously and do their part to minimize the spread of this disease. We highly encourage you to review safety guidelines and look for updates from the CDC, the local health department, and the World Health Organization.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Stay safe, healthy, and blessed.
One Spirit Dance Academy
This information is subject to change. It is published with the understanding that One Spirit Dance Academy is not providing legal, medical, or other professional services or advice. If legal or medical advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.